Mount Prospect Fire, Mother and Children Survive
Maria Jordan and her two daughters awoke early Christmas morning to the smell of smoke at their third floor apartment in the 300 block of West Hawthorne Circle. The family escaped down a ladder provided by Mt. Prospect Fire Department. The Fire Department stated that it took ten minutes to put the fire out.
The Village’s Department of Human Services were able to provide the family with a few gifts and the American Red Cross provided the family with a pre-paid credit card worth nearly one thousand dollars and several gift cards for food, clothing and shelter.